Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
That’s a very unusual date stamp on the band, looks double stamped, maybe a i on top of a h which would put it 1907-9. I’d love to see a closer pic if you don’t mind.
I am not sure if it's double stamped and I have not been able to find the date codes for it. I would be interested in learning more. Thanks.
Also the amber stem is very fragile as @jiminks was saying earlier so I may wrap it with vinyl tape when I smoke it again.

Front and back pics posted below.

J.B. without frame
Ernest Vincent BROWN trading as Josiah BROWN - Nottingham
CHE
tobacconist and importer

PXL_20210513_210904460.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210513_211050531.PORTRAIT.jpg

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
MrTom, are you in such a rush that you cannot share with us the shape or model of your pipes?
Enquiring minds inquire. I am not schizoid, as much as I used to be.
Hi @newsroom, the Dunhill is a red bark Zulu. I don't mind adding shape or model number, If you like. I don't have any big name artisan pipes or special pipes, compared to most posts, they are probably not worth mentioning. Enjoy your smoke.
Good night folks, Nightcap in a Peterson's Dracula.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Astleys ROYAL TUDOR No. 99 FULL LATAKIA MIX in an H.P. & Ss Calabash

(Henry Perkins & Sons, London - meershaum pipe and case makers.
Henry Perkins started by making mounts for pipes from c. 1880, taking his sons as partners in 1901 changing the style of the firm to Henry Perkins & Sons - the sons/partners were Henry Charles, Arthur and Henry Perkins.
The firm was converted into a limited liability company in 1922 under the style Henry Perkins & Sons Ltd. In 1923 they took two stands at the British Industries Fair to show their skills and produce. One stand was to show the pipes for which they were already famous and the other was to show their range of silver mounted glass including bottles, vases, jars, scent sprays etc.)

with marks for Birmingham 1903:-

20201227_163142_resized.jpg
20201227_163510_resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.