PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am almost half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 78 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello- Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to Bob Dylan.
Yello Bowl Century Model Lovat.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple of minutes away from smoking 1970s Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for a couple bowls or so. Still working, but not for too long.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian copy.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Steady "Eddie" with the same tasty mix I made a couple of days ago, a 60/40 blend of Sutliff Aged Red VA and D&R Cockstrong, and headed out for my third lunt before the sun rises, this time using a no named straight octagonal billiard with a thickish vulcanite saddle stem. The pipe has a metal sleeve tenon like some Grabows.

I ordered tobacco from smokingpipes yesterday and it was shipped already! Perique on the way!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Odd, I have a 9 year old tin, mild and sweet, absolutely amazing. I’m not sure if a 9 year old tin of SL is Syrian, hmm ?

All I can say is if you like English/Balkan blends of various styles, then be on the look out for an aged tin like this.

To me, an aged tin of SL is one of the greats!

There is absolutely nothing bitter or sour here, just puffing bliss. :)

View attachment 79685

I’ll try it again in a different pipe, maybe I’ll get something else from it, but as English blends go it’s not really my cuppa tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.