PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoking a bowl of 'Black and Tan' which is a mixture of Warrior Plug and Black Irish XXX twist in a short meerschaum 'cutty' with a silver band and faux amber stem.
Not smoked at all today or yesterday; I don't think it's right now I've started running!
My cancer support fundraiser starts on June 1st so no pipe smoking next month for me!

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
How do you like it? I am generally strong averse to anything cherry except GH Top Black Cherry, but am open to blends that don't taste like children's cough syrup.
I like it. I need to smoke it one more time before I can give my honest assessment because that sample sat out for nearly 6 hours. It has some of the same cherry flavor as Top Black plus vanilla cream, but because it's not cooked black like Top there is still some Gawith flake flavor shining through. I could taste the underlying Virginia's and it had a little more heat to it, but not more than I would expect from a Gawith straight Virginia. Kendal(Top) Black Cherry was my favorite, and it does seem to have the strongest Cherry flavor, but right now it seems like CCF gets the edge for tasting more like a non-floral cherry Lakeland flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.