PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mycroft in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic tapered stem. This blend has a bit of a kick to it.

Ken Byron Ventures Live Wire in a Sasieni Four Dot Hurlingham S. It would be interesting what @jiminks thinks of it. I have mixed feelings on this blend - I may not be smoking it right.
Yesterday I smoked the first bowl straight out of the bag - it was extremely bitter for the first 10 mins. Then it became flavorless for the next 10 mins or so. Only after that I got flavors which were I believe from the toppings.
I dried the second bowl for about 2-3 hours. About 10 mins in, sometimes I am still getting the bitter note, and occasionally the toppings. Much better than the first smoke but still not reached the pick. Also, so far it has behaved like a mild aromatic with very few Va notes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ken Byron Ventures Live Wire in a Sasieni Four Dot Hurlingham S. It would be interesting what @jiminks thinks of it. I have mixed feelings on this blend - I may not be smoking it right.
Yesterday I smoked the first bowl straight out of the bag - it was extremely bitter for the first 10 mins. Then it became flavorless for the next 10 mins or so. Only after that I got flavors which were I believe from the toppings.
I dried the second bowl for about 2-3 hours. About 10 mins in, sometimes I am still getting the bitter note, and occasionally the toppings. Much better than the first smoke but still not reached the pick. Also, so far it has behaved like a mild aromatic with very few Va notes.

My experience is a little different. I find the flavors to be consistent, but not strong. The bitter note you get is more of a tart sour note to me. The toppings do sublimate the tobaccos a bit. Try a slower puffing cadence and see what happens.

Thank you @jiminks I jarred this one up, to try again later, but I will try another bowl.
My experience is a little different. I find the flavors to be consistent, but not strong. The bitter note you get is more of a tart sour note to me. The toppings do sublimate the tobaccos a bit. Try a slower puffing cadence and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.