lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
VeAA9iF.jpg

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Just came back inside from trying out Lane 1-Q for the first time in a matte black Big Ben Barbados 648. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, and I quite like it!

I was expecting it to be one of those cloying sugarbomb aromatics that smells like burning potpourri and tastes vaguely like sugary steam, but it's not. The aromatic components are more prominent in the room note than they are in the taste, and they accentuate the tobacco notes quite nicely.

I'm particularly fond of how the Kentucky fried burley plays a bit of lightly spicy peekaboo with what I assume to be a light, neutral Virginia, and how the vanilla/caramel elements are a subtle garnish. It doesn't really bite, but it can make your tongue feel a bit spicy if you smoke too fast. I actually sort of enjoy that sensation, and sipping a nice, strong coffee while smoking it cancels out most of that tongue spiciness (coffee is acidic, acids and bases neutralize each other).

It's a bit like Prince Albert and Carter Hall in that it's not particularly complex, is easy to get along with for beginners, and the smell won't clear a room like someone accidentally kicked over a basket of live scorpions.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Just came back inside from trying out Lane 1-Q for the first time in a matte black Big Ben Barbados 648. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, and I quite like it!
I enjoy 1-Q as well, though I rarely engage it. It's a good one. Something of a recommendation I think you might really enjoy from this experience is to take a try at a tin of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend. A favorited Aromatic on my list that is not so much a sugar bomb, but packs some great deeper flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.