PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have a similar experience with my bucks Shanez. Had two since about 1982, if memory serves. I have one that is rounded on the brass and wood and the other is very squared off. Same in most every way except for one being rounded. I looked a little, but do you know the diff between the two? Is one block and one script? Or is the squared one a diff model that I cannot seem to find? My first is more rounded than the other I somehow acquired through a trade of some sorts back then. Blades and lengths etc. all the all the same.

I also had a titanium that was confiscated to box up by the airlines in a trip to NY, where they never gave it back. I did get a refund for $40 on my $100 knife, then after I refused the check the airlines did give me a full refund, but I couldn't find another titanium to replace ... this was back in 89-90.

edit: Okay... pulled them both out.. both are 110. But def diff in the rounding I mentioned.
Might just be a different year where they did things a little differently?

Mine is actually my second. Broke the tip off about a year after I got it using it as a screwdriver. Sent it in and received a new one back. Gotta love Buck's warranty!

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Might just be a different year where they did things a little differently?

Mine is actually my second. Broke the tip off about a year after I got it using it as a screwdriver. Sent it in and received a new one back. Gotta love Buck's warranty!
Ya, I was just reading the warranty a bit ago. I might have to get a new blade on my original (rounded) I'll be looking into the years. There is a designation on the blades, so I have to check that again. Loved these knives my whole life!

Dig the pipe, Balkan Supreme, and drink you are sporting there as well =)

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Finishing with a glass of Canasteros 21 year Solera rum and some of my trusty WCC Old Dominion in an estate double plateau freehand Savinelli Autograph I recently cleaned/restored:

IMG_20200505_201918384.jpg

I'm so pleased with how my efforts turned out on this pipe! I can see a few spots I can improve on and there was some mild pitting on the stem I didn't fix but I think I'll just keep smoking it until my skills improve to where I can properly address the pitting. In the mean time I have an abusable Autograph to enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.