Oct 12, 2011
bY0k2RR.jpg
in a Meer...
OpeRgDy.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Last bowl of the day chaps. I see that Mr. Weezell has shown up for the night shift so there is no danger of this arena becoming P.C and an extension of the Republic of Granola! I am enjoying a delightful evening smoke of G&H Coniston Cut Plug in an early 1900s ADP meerschaum 'cutty' pipe with 18 ct gold band and genuine amber stem. to paraphrase the words of our host Jim Inks, my drink of the evening is a glass of cheap scotch with little floating icebergs. My thought for the evening is has anyone noticed that Vice President Pence looks like Greta Thunberg and Donald Pleasances love child! I shall finish both my beverage and bowl and then retire for the evening. Good night gentlemen!

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Ive never seen a chocolate brown Dunhill stem before.

Yes, too true, a good percentage of the stems on my pipes from the 1970s / 80s could do with a spot of this ...
1590369662173.png

... strange tho that my older pipes are not affected in the same way.

Saw far worse last week on an episode of the excellent 1980s TV series SHERLOCK HOLMES with Jeremy Brett.
BEFORE: from agitated ........................................................ AND AFTER: to happy..................................................I
561de8d7450e38d7a1246252ca0c7e08.gif 1590371564175.png
His agitation hardly surprising - I mean, look at that stem. I realize he's a busy dude rushing around solving crimes and stuff but the condition of that stem on the left leaves a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.