PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to the half way mark on this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching Gunsmoke on TV Land. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_right.jpg

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: Having finished an early Wifey-made dinner of Beef and Bean 3 Cheese Burrito with sour cream and Crystal-brand hot sauce, I am ready to f u l l y recline back with my Community Coffee and 5.6" French-made Brigham Heritage-series Volcano '084', smooth with bent Acrylic stem; and, I have a good-sized pile of Pre-Dominican Middleton's Prince Albert - which IS 'the National JOY smoke - sitting in my glass wide-mouth bowl, ready for me to 'Swoop-N-Scoop' into absent-mindlessly, over the course of the next hour...
Volcano_Ready.jpg

As I spend that time watching an old favorite film: Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce in 1942's Sherlock Holmes and The Voice of Terror....

Link: YouTube: Sherlock Holmes and The Voice of Terror

You know fellas... I think I shall start adding the famous radio-voiced catch-phrase from this film, to every time I have to address the whole house from the comfort of my recliner; and, add that repeated phrase "...this is the Voice of Terror...", in between, and, at the end of each and every sentence I utter... just like the ominous over-the-radio-voice in the film.

It should prove quite interesting to learn how keenly Wifey and the 3 dogs will respond to that ... ;) - Sherm Natman

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps under cloudy, humid skies, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Tomato the Brave did a little walking with me until he decided to chase a squirrel. He didn't catch him.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
IMG_4449 Large.jpeg

Ruins of Windsor in my NEW (to me) Comoy 1984 Christmas Pipe! Inaugural(ish) smoke!

I bought this pipe as my birthyear pipe. Lightly smoked, price was right, and I liked the shape.

When I got it, I gave it the once-over and loaded up a bowl of BCA. It was the sourest pipe I've ever experienced. It was gross. GROSS!! I dumped the bowl and loaded a different pipe. Work was needed.

I spent two days refurbishing this pipe. I cleaned up the stem, exorcised the ghost, ground out the gunk, and got it back to new-ish condition. I was going to wait for an occasion to retry this pipe, but I decided that deep-cleaning the pipe as well as I did deserved its own reward.

It was an excellent smoke.

IMG_4408 Large.jpegIMG_4409 Large.jpegIMG_4426 Large.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.