PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Going to get in a quick lunting before the next round of rain. Mac Baren Vanilla Cream in my Savinelli Tortuga 614 full bent billiard. Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, Steller's jay, Oak titmouse, California thrasher, Spotted towhee, House finch, White-crowned sparrow, and Common raven.

This one is for my maternal grandfather, who would be 106 today. 🙏

tortuga.jpg

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I had one of the most amazing weekends ever. Here in Michigan, in Flint, there is one of the oldest pipe shops around, Paul’s Pipe Shop. I got to meet Dan, the owner and son of Paul, who took over the business when his dad passed. He started working there when he was 12. He gave a tour and the whole history of the place. They have been there since 1945 but the business was started in the 30’s as a bar and pipe shop. I got to see the machines that Paul started making his pipes on and that Dan took over doing. Dan showed me how he makes his tobacco blend’s because he’s also a tobacconist. Dan had around 900,000 pipes in the shop. I tried to see them all but started to get dizzy.
After spending 2 1/2 hours there I finally made some purchases. I bought one of his beautiful pipes which smoked amazing! I also came across a never been smoked 1970’s Savinelli Estella, which I had to have. I’m breaking that pipe in tonight. One of the best days of my life!
I also picked up some more baby chicks seeing my other chickens will be getting old.
image.jpgAB14D299-D8B4-4A1C-98BF-200A9390A7A3.jpeg
image.jpg

jakesmokes

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Michigan
I had one of the most amazing weekends ever. Here in Michigan, in Flint, there is one of the oldest pipe shops around, Paul’s Pipe Shop. I got to meet Dan, the owner and son of Paul, who took over the business when his dad passed. He started working there when he was 12. He gave a tour and the whole history of the place. They have been there since 1945 but the business was started in the 30’s as a bar and pipe shop. I got to see the machines that Paul started making his pipes on and that Dan took over doing. Dan showed me how he makes his tobacco blend’s because he’s also a tobacconist. Dan had around 900,000 pipes in the shop. I tried to see them all but started to get dizzy.
After spending 2 1/2 hours there I finally made some purchases. I bought one of his beautiful pipes which smoked amazing! I also came across a never been smoked 1970’s Savinelli Estella, which I had to have. I’m breaking that pipe in tonight. One of the best days of my life!
I also picked up some more baby chicks seeing my other chickens will be getting old.
View attachment 210792View attachment 210793
View attachment 210795
Just wanted to say thanks. I live in Grand Rapids and had no idea about Paul’s pipe shop. Going to make the trip and check them out soon!

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Just wanted to say thanks. I live in Grand Rapids and had no idea about Paul’s pipe shop. Going to make the trip and check them out soon!
Definitely do that! Dans getting up there in age. I asked what happens to the store after he’s gone and he said he has no idea. We might lose a wonderful piece of Michigan pipe history. I also live in the GR area so how’d neighbor!

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Did a set of walking reps on this cold, windy, sunny day, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. It's time for some lunch.
View attachment 210708
I think I can verify the pipe in this post, but I really can’t confirm the tobacco. Gonna trust you on this one @JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and pinto beans dinner with a big bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm passing the first third of this bowl of year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a 1990s slight bend black Sasieni 4 Dot Ruff Root Dark 4 Dublin with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of The Gene Autry Show. Going to work before long.
Sasieni_4Dot_Dublin.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
View attachment 210795
Wow, that is so cool! Wish I could see that pipe shop. What a great experience for you! A lot of history there.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
View attachment 210795
If I had seen this post before the weekend I would be waiting for some very different pipes !! Wow ! What nice pipes in all price ranges. Welcome to Paul's Pipe Shop Online Store! - https://iapscnet.startlogic.com/store/index.html

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Going to listen to a BBC Sherlock Holmes episode from my collection. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.