PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Thanks for your service brother! Looks like you spent some time at Fort Carson in Fort Hood? I was a 19D cavalry scout and later a scout pilot flying OH-58s And UH-M Gunships in an Air Troop, I deployed to OIF III with the 116th HSB, formerly a Seperate Cav brigade here in Idaho.
If you’re ever through Boise let me know, we’ll have to meet up and have a smoke and tell a few stories.
If I'm going to head down Boise way, I'll definitely look you up! I'd be honored to swap stories. Much love for those Kiowas, especially the warriors with Hellfires onboard, what an airframe!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, tomato soup, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the half way mark on this bowl of Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2021) in a black straight, grain etched family era (Post WW2) Four Dot Sasieni “Appleby” apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Sasieni_FourDot_Appleby.jpg

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
My first bowl of Ennerdale in a MM Huck Finn. Despite the pejorative comments regarding Grandma’s powdered labia and perinium, this blend is quite pleasant. Those that enjoy vanilla laced tobaccos could find this enjoyable and would not be put off by the strong Lakeland essence. The underlying va’s are excellent and come to the fore as one smokes down the bowl.
I had thought that this blend would be similar to Condor but I realize that few pipe smokers today have any clue as to what Lakelands really are, and tend to ignore the rich history of British tobaccos. This is nothing like Condor or St Bruno but is very good. So sue me. Much scotch to accompany this smoke!

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Just finished some Old Joe Krantz Blue in a Rossi Vittoria 614.

@UncleRasta you mentioned in an earlier post a while back about your Vittoria muting flavors. I didn't notice that in mine this time. It could have taken any rough edges off the blend if anything. So this series may in fact do what you suggest, but this blend was strong enough to overcome the muting. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I notice anything with other blends.View attachment 132913
Thanks @reloader. I've noticed Haunted Bookshop and other blends with what I'd describe as a sharp edge, tend to do better in the Vittorias. I had such a smoke today.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Thanks @reloader. I've noticed Haunted Bookshop and other blends with what I'd describe as a sharp edge, tend to do better in the Vittorias. I had such a smoke today.
I don't think I would have caught onto that if you wouldn't have pointed it out the other day. That was very perceptive of you. I'll have to test it out with some other blends that are rough around the edges.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through the last of my open stash of year 2015 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin and a black acrylic saddle stem. Will revisit this blend one of these days.
2003 Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.