PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorrer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2014
Lockhart, Texas USA
Enjoying a bit of Plum Pudding in a wonderful old WDC Belge, one of the prettiest pipes I have. I know WDCs don't tend to be all that highly regarded by a lot of folks, but they were firing on all cylinders when they made this one.

C.Rorrer

** Note to self ... start taking pictures. Where'd I put my cell phone again??

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
OK, you've kindled a memory there. I haven't had that blend in a LONG time, but used to enjoy it very frequently. Where'd I put that credit card again? ;-)

C.Rorrer
And that, right there, is the only problem I can see with being a member here. Ya'll keep making me want to try another blend! There's too many. Cain't do it. But I sure enjoy reading about em all. ?

rorrer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2014
Lockhart, Texas USA
rorrer, good tobacco for sure! Glad I could help you out ?

The memory ain't what it used to be. I need all the help I can get. :)

I do, though, recall ordering from Boswell quite a bit in the mid-90s and Northwoods was one of my faves. Great to know they're still alive and well. For an aromatic, I recall enjoying Bear Blend a lot, too.

Time to place an order.

"HONEY?? Where's my credit card?"

That dang memory again. The other day I accidentally referred to my iPod as a Walkman and was promptly reminded by my GenZ son that both Walkmans and iPods are relics of the past.

Sheesh. I think I might be, too.

C. Rorrer

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Great Pipe! Lovat is hard you have to make the stem ?
AlanH, thanks buddy! to me the stem was the hardest part. I ordered some acrylic stems and used on that was a saddle stem and drilled the airway out to my specs. Turned the tenon then fit it to the stummel. Then I cut an inch of of the button end and filled the bit down to a nice thickness and reformed the button and slotted it to a fishtail and tapered the airway to a funnel. I think I will face the tenon off and drill the next one I use out and install a delrin tenon. Much easier than turning the existing acrylic tenon on a wood lathe .

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
The memory ain't what it used to be. I need all the help I can get. :)

I do, though, recall ordering from Boswell quite a bit in the mid-90s and Northwoods was one of my faves. Great to know they're still alive and well. For an aromatic, I recall enjoying Bear Blend a lot, too.

Time to place an order.

"HONEY?? Where's my credit card?"

That dang memory again. The other day I accidentally referred to my iPod as a Walkman and was promptly reminded by my GenZ son that both Walkmans and iPods are relics of the past.

Sheesh. I think I might be, too.

C. Rorrer
rorrer, I know exactly how you feel brother!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.