48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OzPiper The Sherlock Holmes / Dr Watson is coloring very nicely, although due to the size also very slowly.

I took a picture of all my meerschaum pipes today for a coloring progress status report. To bring out the true color as much as possible, I used natural light from a window. The the window was at the side, so I could not avoid some shadows. Next time, I will take this photo outdoors. The white sheet is for taking exposure reading / white balance. It also acts as a reference of true white. The Meerschaum tamper is old and has possibly picked up a little color, but still can be a reference for a Virgin white meerschaum.

The Rhodesian (which I call Bulldog) and the Falcon bowl has been smoked 200+ times. The volcano is nearing 150, and the Holmes Watson set is possibly just under 140 smokes each.The photo is not edited (Except for a tight crop)
52894D3B-B4E8-4342-BD3A-61DE737A4917.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Mountain Camp, burley based with Latakia, Orientals, Perique, and Virginia, a full-strength English blend, in a La Rocca Rosa slightly bent rusticated poker, a sitter of course. I saw this pipe at my local pipe shop and thought the carved rustication was overdone, but it kept coming to mind, and after a week or ten days, I decided to go back, and if it was still there, I'd buy it.

It's aged well, and now the rustication has somehow advanced from folksy to sophisticated, maybe because the stain has darkened a little without looking worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.