PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a small, tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to Fibber McGee and Molly as I work.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through my last smoke of the day, which is D&R Penhooker in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Enjoying a large bowl of bone dry crunchy FVF with some Germains Royal Jersey perique mixed inD9CE9DFE-7FC6-4515-8392-44AED5565F25.jpeg as Kindling.Smoking my Molina 9mm pipe and using my favourite Zippo .waiting in for the fibre optic cable guy to arrive.

Attachments

• FA194BAB-65D4-4A35-B57B-3019D7BC6B10.jpeg
    FA194BAB-65D4-4A35-B57B-3019D7BC6B10.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Well, this is a heckuva note. I decided to shake it up this morning, and smoke some Arrowhead from Paul's Pipe Shop up in Flint for my first pipe of the day. I used to start my day with Arrowhead a lot more often, but have been into burley, lately.
So I load up an RC Sands saddlestem billiard. There's only enough in the jar for half a bowl, but that's not a problem, since my trusty spreadsheet says there's another jar in the Igloodor. I go to dig it out.
Well, :poop:
Somebody forgot to update the spreadsheet when he opened the last jar. Guess I will be on the horn to Paul's, later on.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Starting my day with yet another bowl of Erindale in this rather amusing very early circa 1900s Devils Arse pipe from an unknown maker. It has an amber stem with beautiful filigree silver work on the band that sadly was not hallmarked which makes dating the pipe rather difficult. Likewise the case has no makers imprint but I would assume it was from one of the London distributors of meerschaum pipes. The 1940s Tudor watch gives you some idea of scale and size since the watch was designed for an adolescent and was given to me at about 13 so it is far from a full size watch.

thumbnail-2.jpeg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Loading up the orlik hurricane with burley and about to go pick fruit in the rain. Celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this week, or as my daughter calls it our “family birthday”, and received this card from the kids this morning. Love how through their little eyes they still see me as a bad arse mofo. Judging by the colouring it looks as if I’m smoking the original warhorse in an old meer with the silver coin still in it

View attachment 135831
According to Schott’s Miscellany the 9th wedding anniversary is pottery in the US, pottery and willow in the UK and Leather in the modern world. That leaves some scope for finding appropriate gifts. Happy Anniversary to you and your family. ?

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, I started the day with some Sun Bear Black Locust with a friend in town with some coffee. Now back home I just finished some Amphora Original in the Donegal Rocky bulldog and now I’m about to fire up some 2011 Murray’s Warrior Plug in Christine ll, one of the two unknown system pipes I have. The second was purchased from a gentleman that had several unused Ornsby Pipes and I’m thinking this might be a version of the Ornsby that never went into production. I’ve never seen another like them so if anyone knows anything please let me know. image.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.