PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad and chili dinner with grapes and strawberries for dessert. Now smoking McClelland No. 2020 Matured Cake in a 1970s small bowl smooth medium bend Danish Sovereign XXX 324 volcano sitter with a black vulcanite saddle-like stem.
Not Crazy about McClelland in general(I like the Orientals), but the chill dinner sounds great.

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
On the recommendation from another member of this group, as well as the Point Vicente Pipe Club here in Los Angeles, I had three of these tins sent to me. He did NOT steer me wrong! Just tried my first bowl in a Chacom "Jeans" and if it is this good straight out of a new tin, I am very much looking forward to what it will be with a couple weeks to breathe.

IMG_4540.jpg

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Just jarred up a 25 year old paint can of Bjarne's The Special One, a Danish style Va flake with Syrian Latakia. Kept out a few grams to try immediately. This is by far the oldest tobacco I've ever smoked. Thanks @samuelgawith01 !
View attachment 23088
So that's what it looks like.Glad you like it,Rush.Got it at a place called The Cove,in Baymeadows,Florida(suburb of Jacksonville)during my Navy service.Thanks for sharing.Also,a nice piece of wood there,by the way.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Smoking some Gawith & Hogarth Sweet Cherry Twist in this "Dakota" Billiard I rescued from one of the various EBAY hells.Cleaned it,restained it, opened the draw.The chamber had a lot of charing, and some heat cracks underneath.I filled them in with a Honey / Charcoal layering plan I learned about on he internet.Yes,the chamber is now wider, and yes, that weakens the draw somewhat, but the tobacco flavor is well represented.IMG_0740.JPGIMG_0739.JPGIMG_0741.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.