PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Old Toby in the Pete Pub pipe. The Pub pipe is not a grab and go, light and forget pipe. I have to go through all of the steps of the initial lighting, tamping, re-light then periodically dump the top ash to maintain the airflow to prevent the ember and pipe from getting too hot. But when you get it right, which is most of the time ... simply sublime.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Preparing a new Irish Seconds Bent Apple with P-Lip. I think it is a 302 or 303. Drying a bowl of Huber St.Louis Flake. This is my first P-Lip, well see how it goes.View attachment 316616
Using the stand as a reference for scale I'd say that's a 302. If you check the listed weight on the item page for this pipe you can compare it with a smooth standard system 302 and 303 and that should tell you which one it is.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Old Toby in the Pete Pub pipe. The Pub pipe is not a grab and go, light and forget pipe. I have to go through all of the steps of the initial lighting, tamping, re-light then periodically dump the top ash to maintain the airflow to prevent the ember and pipe from getting too hot. But when you get it right, which is most of the time ... simply sublime.
I agree, the Pub pipe is an intricate part of my pipe arsenal. When I need an extended period of smoking without interruption I go directly to the Pete Pub Pipe for a low maintenance long smoke 1718209809077.jpeg