PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
I was expecting much stronger after perusing TRcom…. Must be lots of folks that use a pipe as a fashion accessory with the way Black Irish X is made out to be. I found it to be in line with all the other dark Kendal’s, and it is a notch down from the brown twists I’ve had.
I think some age will do it well, and I’ll definitely need to dry more, was a pain to keep lit.
Otherwise a tasty smoke, in a pure tobacco sense.View attachment 316488View attachment 316489

I concur. The black rope is tasty, but the browns are certainly stronger. I rarely smoked brown rope solo, usually used it to beef up a weaker blend. I like body and depth and can tolerate a pretty decent kick, but rustica falls in that category for me as well - blender. Enjoy the black x!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
My man, glad to see you here. I enjoy your takes on things, pipe collection, and most of your tobaccos (especially when being festive).

I agree. It always thrills me when I see @wilblee post the music he’s listening to at the other forum; anyone who listens to Brian Eno and the Penguin Cafe Orchestra is aces in my book.

wilblee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2021
Texas Hill Country
My man, glad to see you here. I enjoy your takes on things, pipe collection, and most of your tobaccos (especially when being festive).

I agree. It always thrills me when I see @wilblee post the music he’s listening to at the other forum; anyone who listens to Brian Eno and the Penguin Cafe Orchestra is aces in my book.

Thanks, guys! Glad to be here. puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Finished reading baseball box scores.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. I'm feeding Molly Danger and Sleepy Suzy. Then, I'll take care of the ferals.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Match Sunrise in my 1/2 bent Hydrocaster . Not sure what the stem is made from? It feels almost like vulcanite, but wears like acrylic? So, it's comfortable and easy to maintain. Except that it's angle is quite sharp so that it requires a little patience with a pipe cleaner or it bends. The pipe has grooves on its smooth surface similar to but less pronounced than on the typical CustomBuilt. (another brand I don't have)