48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I have been intrigued by and looking for J.M. Boswell pipes for awhile. I never remember to check his website for pipe releases on Monday nights, and from what I’ve read, it’s unlikely I would’ve gotten one that way anyway—apparently they sell out almost instantaneously. On the rare occasion a Magnum sized pipe has surfaced at auction, they’ve gone for more than I was prepared to pay at the time; when I visited the Chambersburg, PA store in September 2023, none of the pipes in stock appealed to me—they were all too clunky, or clumsy looking.

While not a Magnum, I recently acquired one that genuinely appealed to my sensibilities and at what I thought was a bargain price. I had to restore a few missing chips to the plateau with briar dust on this one, but am still very glad I got it.

Going to have Boswell’s Northwoods in a rusticated J.M. Boswell Fan (2002) with a silver and black swirled acrylic stem. It almost seems like a companion pipe to my 60th Birthday Savinelli Eccezionale Fan (2023).

20240610_211010.jpg

20240610_213759.jpg

20240610_213715.jpg

The 60th Birthday Savinelli Eccezionale for reference:

Savinelli-Eccezionale-JW-60-07.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2011 Navy Rolls in my Occhio billiard.

IMG-1278.png

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I was expecting much stronger after perusing TRcom…. Must be lots of folks that use a pipe as a fashion accessory with the way Black Irish X is made out to be. I found it to be in line with all the other dark Kendal’s, and it is a notch down from the brown twists I’ve had.
I think some age will do it well, and I’ll definitely need to dry more, was a pain to keep lit.
Otherwise a tasty smoke, in a pure tobacco sense.IMG_0902.jpegIMG_0903.jpeg

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Last smoke of the day is more 2020 OJK Blue. This time I am enjoying it in an Imp meer. It is too nice of a night out not to enjoy it even though the lady 2 doors away is drunk and loud
Hmm .... an opportunity? .... oh, well, sorry. Must have had a "flashback" to the 70's, yeah, "Hey, what's going on?" .... : )