PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Wrapped up one of the most labor intensive weeks in recent memory with C&D Opening Night in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bulldog. Should've probably dried it a bit more. 8.3/10

Bird report: Mountain chickadee (the fledglings have left the nest), California scrub-jay, California towhee, California quail, Western bluebird, House finch, and American crow.

Looking forward to a nice restful day tomorrow, another pipe, and (hopefully) not too bad a drubbing at Scrabble courtesy of wifey. 🤞

Shabbat shalom!

irish harp with sock.jpg

Pappy Coon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2024
Panhandle of Nebraska
Mixed some SV Peach and SV Mellow with some Arango BS about a week ago and let it come together. Finally tried it in a Crown on the drive home and it was ok. Needed less peach and a little more latakia. Trying a similar combination but using some Best of the Rest English this time with less peach. It's fun to play around a little.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to The Shadow from my radio collection.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

dingdong

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mixed some SV Peach and SV Mellow with some Arango BS about a week ago and let it come together. Finally tried it in a Crown on the drive home and it was ok. Needed less peach and a little more latakia. Trying a similar combination but using some Best of the Rest English this time with less peach. It's fun to play around a little.
Hi, how long do you normally wait until the blend is good to smoke?

Pappy Coon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2024
Panhandle of Nebraska
Hi, how long do you normally wait until the blend is good to smoke?
I put it in a Zip lock, mix it up and squeeze all the air out so the different tobaccos have to mingle, then wait 5 to 7 days. I think I remember reading somewhere on here to wait at least 3 days. I'm sure there's better ways to do all this. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching Long Tail scamp around the den. It's not looking like we're going to find a home for her, which is a shame because she's a great kitten.
4AB_Rust_left437.jpg

LTBed1.jpg
LTLapStretch1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.