PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Been relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm off to work with a bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. No coffee tonight due to the humidity, so it's ice water and bergs until bed time.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Another humid day, but on this one, the monsoonal clouds rolled in during the late morning, and built up to an incredible soaking rain around 4pm that lasted perhaps half an hour. The mustang did not benefit from this free car horse wash from nature--he rolled right in the mud! Wifey cleaned him off, and we both took a little walk down a ways to nibble on some fresh grass. Not having Ashton Rainy Day on hand, I chose Winding Road instead, in an Al Pascia meerschaum billiard. The smell of the plant matter, both inside and outside of my pipe, was wonderful, although the outside stuff was blessedly inflammable. 8.7/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, House finch, California towhee, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, American crow, and Western bluebird. No flying bird feces to contend with this time around, thankfully.

Wishing a good week to everyone!

al pascia meer.jpg

6.23.24 afternoon rain.jpg

6.23.24 overhead OR clouds 2.jpg

6.23.24 afternoon OR clouds 2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. It's time to feed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave after Sleepy Suzy eats. Harry the Hairy is eating outside. Still haven't seen Abner the Eager.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg