Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
(Stock picture of) PS Cube Cut in my burley cob.

burley_cob_beveled.jpg

Another really nice smoke of it this morning. "Managing expectations" has become a cliche for so many things, but because it is so relevant. When I'm smoking in the wind, no matter how careful I am, it feels like many blends become burley-ish: less sweet and flavorful, more earthy. So I end up at least mildly frustrated and disappointed. But if I start with a burley blend, it doesn't really change much, and I can just take it how it is. And the wind sometimes helps this to stay lit without overheating it. So yeah, I guess I'll be buying more when I run out.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed three ham, cheese and two eggs open faced sandwiches, Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins thrown in, and a golden delicious apple for lunch. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Watching the Cubs-Mets game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Just had a wonderful lunch of turkey sandwich and potato salad. I am now about to light my Peterson System Spigot Smooth B42 P-Lip with a full bowl of Peterson Nightcap. Happy Friday everyone!

View attachment 318893
That was a wonderful hour and fifteen! And my wife even brought me a Guinness mid-way through!

Now back to work...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Plenty of it, too.
Wessex_bent.jpg