PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad-o-nine

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2020
Missouri
Mcclelland Pebblecut in the Barling Straight Grain from James J Fox in London.

View attachment 314614View attachment 314615

Beautiful Barling

dad-o-nine

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2020
Missouri
@gcm Do think the Clay King would like it? Not into Latakia but not sure about Oriental leaf. The Clay King is more Virginia / Burley / Cavendish blends.
Dan, based on your posts over the months, I tried an Old German clay with a 20×40 bowl size. I was very surprised how well it smoked. At 1/100th the cost of an artisan pipe, I am sold!

dad-o-nine

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2020
Missouri
Had my first bowl of Capstan Blue today and I'm already a big fan. Easy to see why this was Tolkien's go to blend. The only other straight VA I've tried so far is Sweet Virginia which I found rather dull, but Capstan is wonderful. I used to be skeptical of how good a straight VA could be, but now I get it. It's a very different animal then even Orlik Golden Sliced, which famously has so little perique many insist it can't be a VaPer. I'm still house sitting for my grandma and taking care of her garden. Her house has a wonderful view of the woods and mountains. Smoking this bowl was so relaxing as I watched birds eat at the feeders and bees pollinate her flowers. Sadly it will probably rain for the rest of her time away so this is mostly likely my last bowl over here.
View attachment 314521
Zamora, yes, I was skeptical as well. With two years or more of age it is worthy the premium price. I do prefer the Small Batch Carolina Red Flake from C&D but can only get limited amounts every two years.

One more pipe before i run off to Costo and the local butcher for carnivore delights.
A quick taster of Sun Bear Mountain Flower, thanks to @TampaPete, in an HS Studio Roadtown before venturing off...i made this tamper from a Fir twig in the back yard of a rental home i owned about 12 years ago. BB at the top, penny at the bottom. Still use it daily. :)

HSS Mtn Flwr.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.