PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananacaravanadium

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Willamette Valley, OR
C&D Yorktown in the Savinelli Roma; and Father’s Day this year meant an upgrade to an Old Boy I’ve been eyeing for months. Loving it so far!
Been reading a lot lately with evening smokes but tonight I’m taking a break and listening to the Göran Söllscher recording of Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez / Albeniz / Barrios / Villa-Lobos
1718682602179.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple of small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Been busy giving Sam the Scamp a lot of attention because she seems lost without her daughter. Going to read baseball box scores now.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
29 years! You could make an excellent contribution to the thread "Cellaring - How Long is too Long?".
Some have said Orientals & Latakia sort of fade away over time.
I've got couple tins of No. 8 that've been cellared since '06 & I'm not scared.
It’s smoking fantastically well for me! No.8 is very much light on the latakia to begin with, but the base tobaccos as far as I’m concerned have aged quite gracefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.