PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
Dreams of Kadath, in the meer, in the lounge of Union Cigar in Gettysburg.
View attachment 227104
Offered my novice friend his choice of a tin of War Horse, or the Dreams. After trying both, he kept the War Horse.
Gonna pick up some Amsterdam Shag while I'm here, cuz it costs nearly three times as much back in Maryland.
Great shop. The old man is fun to talk to. If I remember correctly there was a guy who worked there that was big into golf and also worked as a pro or just at a local golf course.

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Now smoking some Sutliff Vanilla Custard in a Stanwell with a bowl half sandblasted and half smooth. This is one of those pipes that had a loose stem - but not anymore thanks to the technique suggested in the video provided by sablebrush52. It's nice to have the breadth of expertise available on this forum.

No 3-3 Stanwell.JPG

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Lane 1-Q in the Savinelli 2614KS Dry System with 6mm charcoal filter. I guess I got distracted and smoked to far. When I dumped the ash I noticed a white spot at bottom of bowl. I rinsed it and discovered i had smoked through the cake and exposed the original briar bottom. Not burned just exposed with no cake over it. Fortunately, I fired up the Vauen bent egg and got some ash to make some mud and covered it over. Its drying now for a day or so. No damage but close call as its one of my favorite pipes now for 40 years. I wouldn't have known how to do any of this stuff but for this forum. So ... Thank you ! Much appreciated !! puffy:sher: bdw

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Géométrie in a J. Everett

52962339727_b3b7b4c59b_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.