PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Gee wiz that pipe is so killer.
The SPC description agreed with you (and me).

This is a cool pipe. I didn't expect it to be, as admittedly, I'm not a fan of paneled shapes, generally speaking. But this one from Gustavo Cunha, with it's flattened Cubist shank and handy, multifaceted bowl replete with rippling rings, coupled with its lemony yellow Bakelite stem, seems almost like something Werner Mummert would produce if he got a hold of a time machine and went back to the Dunhill factory to play around. They would, of course, stop him before things got too crazy. It's roughly a Group 2 in size, sits with natural stability on a flat surface, and I'm quite fond.

- Daniel Bumgardner

Auxsender

Lifer
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
The SPC description agreed with you (and me).

This is a cool pipe. I didn't expect it to be, as admittedly, I'm not a fan of paneled shapes, generally speaking. But this one from Gustavo Cunha, with it's flattened Cubist shank and handy, multifaceted bowl replete with rippling rings, coupled with its lemony yellow Bakelite stem, seems almost like something Werner Mummert would produce if he got a hold of a time machine and went back to the Dunhill factory to play around. They would, of course, stop him before things got too crazy. It's roughly a Group 2 in size, sits with natural stability on a flat surface, and I'm quite fond.

- Daniel Bumgardner
Just looked at Custavo’s Instagram. It’s stunning. What a talent.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
SG Full Virginia Flake in my Altinay claw. Had to wait for the rain to stop but at least the air quality is better.

View attachment 231066
What is your opinion of that pipe?
It’s gorgeous! Is it a traditional stem
Fit? Im looking hard at that brand based on others experiences being extremely positive.

mike wheelock

Lurker
Mar 13, 2022
eastern washington
sweet jesus mother of mary.....just finished first bowl ever of 5 brothers. had to strap in and hang on. i normally start day out with ojk. that is some hefty stuff. will get you spinning if you are not careful...but 5 brothers i have to say is a couple of notches above ojk in the nic department. will have to work hard at finding the taste ( if any ). all please pray for me. only been smoking pipes for about 16 months so this a new revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.