PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I’ve been staring at them over at Frank’s for several years, hoping one would show up that I like. Years ago, if my tastes hadn’t changed, I would of grabbed the #136.

Oh no, I hope I didn’t further fuel this poor man’s addiction... LOL 😆
They all look nice to me! I got the one I did because I like it but also because it was way cheaper then most Former pipes I come across. 😂

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Nice, I need to get back into Puerh, I have a ton of it and several nice yixing pots, but since I started with a pipe, I only seem to want coffee but I miss my gongfu ritual. What kind of Puerh, if you don’t mind me asking?
I am sure there is much to learn and know about Pu’erh Tea. In that regard, I’m a novice. I tried it a local tea store years ago and loved it ever since. I usually buy their organic loose-leaf that is only 5 years aged. I also like to go to a local organic market that has the small cakes of aged tea.
Seems to go well with VaPer, Turkish blends and C&D Folkflore.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Mystery Lat Blend A.
PXL_20230626_205951250.jpg
On the li'l baggy note, I get mostly the ketchup(?) that I associate with Virginia and little to no Latakia.
In the pipe - Mild. Pretty sure I'm getting (aged?) Virginia, punched up by a little hint of Lat. Notes, perhaps, of grandma's basement. More Lat presence near the bottom of the bowl, though even that may be a spooky ghost instilled by the Byzantium earlier.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I am sure there is much to learn and know about Pu’erh Tea. In that regard, I’m a novice. I tried it a local tea store years ago and loved it ever since. I usually buy their organic loose-leaf that is only 5 years aged. I also like to go to a local organic market that has the small cakes of aged tea.
Seems to go well with VaPer, Turkish blends and C&D Folkflore.
I need to brew some, I am novice as well but was trying to learn the nuances. It is similar to pipes in how deep it gets.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Started with Peterson Flake in the Tilshead smooth Semibent with tapered stem. Followed with another bowl of Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls in the small Upshall sandblast Bulldog. Smoking the Flake first really brought out the flavors in DLNR (this is my daily excitement in retirement). KBV Matured Fragrant Virginia is up next.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
WC Simply Orange in a Pete 9B

52891069693_e0460cf149_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.