PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Watch City Rouxgaroux (sample) in the Foyard Beechwood Rhodesian (sample and pipe both courtesy of @TheIronMonkey ; many thanks!). Made sure to dry it adequately this time, and getting rewarded for it. A teeny little glass of Johnnie Walker Red on the rocks with this teeny little bowl. As George Carlin once said, I don't live life in the fast lane, but did you ever see one of those cars parked on the median with its hood up? rotf

Bird report: Common raven, Oak titmouse, Mountain chickadee, White-breasted nuthatch, House finch, Hairy woodpecker, and California towhee. Pretty slow day, but that's understandable; 85 is about as hot as it gets up here. Can't wait 'til October!

foyard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model. This will get me to dinner time.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Country Gentleman, a 30+ yr old tobacco from old B&M, in my Vauen Olaf bent egg. Country Gentleman is somewhere between Rivendell and Northwest Trek but has a bit of acidity to it and a floral or perfumey taste/smell when smoking but not in the aftertaste. I only have about 4 ozs left. The ding in front of the new Vauen dropped another pinhole size stone yesterday ... I can quick fix it with an extra fine point sharpie but it might develop a burn out in 20-30 yrs ! I've decided to worry about it in the future.;) :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.