PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch with two big slices of m'lady's freshly made apple cinnamon raisin pie and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going smoke the current CH next to compare.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim would you say this is your most often used tobacco/pipe? I feel like I see it posted the most.
I would say that. The only times I don't start my day with them is when I am out of town, which I seldom am. The pipe was especially made for me by Basil Meadows, and seeing how Basil and I are such close friends/family, that smoke is always very special to me.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2022 Dominican produced Carter Hall in a 2013 quarter bend 5th Avenue Doug Erwin nose warmer cob with a black vulcanite saddle stem. There are some differences in the new Carter Hall. Going to have to add an update to my review. The man who made this cob, Doug Erwin, recently passed away. He was a confirmed Carter Hall smoker, so it's an appropriate match of pipe and tobacco. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
DGErwin-cob.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.