PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Sampling a bowl of 2018(?) GH&Co Coniston Cut Plug in this beautiful Tsuge by Fukuda San:

5KOdOdal.jpg

Lakelands are definitely polarizing but this blend is a good place to start for beginners: if you react to 'the essenses', you'll still be getting that soapy flavor; but if you don't, this is a deliciously balanced blend - strong enough for a quick pick me up but tasty enough to slow smoke and savor the depth of flavor.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Show us the stem please!

I have a Tekin meer that I adore but sadly have chewed a hole through the stem; have been looking for a replacement stem for quit some time.

- - -

Golf in Alaska! That must be an experience! What are your playable months?
Here’s a thread about that pipe and stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this 104 heat index day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Edwin on the Hudson in a 1987 medium brown Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a silver band and a black vulcanite tapered p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Original.jpg

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Wilke Wall Street in a MM Freehand. Quite good -- my first Burley/Perique (as in just burley and perique). The Perique is a big part but it's one of those blends where it imparts more of a sweet pepper/fruit thing than spice. As with any burley, smoked gently it's exquisite! At least my first impression of it is. Thanks @JimInks (for your part in blending it, and letting us know it exists)!.

Status
Not open for further replies.