PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
This is related to the Group Tasting of Ancient Velvet Pipe Tobacco thread that was made possible by the impossibly generous @ashdigger . On May 22nd, I smoked the 1926 Velvet dry from the tin and the "new" five year old Velvet. I bagged up some of the 1926 tobacco with a Black Ice humidification device on May 22nd.

I figured it was time to try it tonight in the third of the three new Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur 5-Star Natural Straight Corn Cob pipes I picked up for this experiment. The "rehydrated" 1926 tobacco doesn't feel appreciably different than the dry version—it doesn't have the supple feel I had hoped it might after being bagged for twenty-one days with the Black Ice wedge, so, I don't expect it to be all that different than the dry version. We shall see.

IMG_20220612_232033.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed Suzy and Molly, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Listening to Ellery Queen on the XM. Wish more than seven shows of that long running radio series were available.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.