PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Going out on a horse ride this afternoon w/wifey & friend, but first, she's giving said friend a lesson for her other horse. Doesn't take an Einsteinian intellect to figure out what I'm going to be doing to pass the time. puffy

I have chosen Ashton Winding Road (I almost typed Gold Rush out of sheer force of habit!), to go in my MM Country Gentleman. Not going to risk it any more with my briar pipes out in the wilderness. Slightly different landscape out where our friend lives (ponderosa and jeffrey pine as opposed to the scrubby pines we have right here), so the birds should be a little different there.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Smoking some C&D Burley Flake #1 in a cob. I scrubbed the airway of this pipe with some Everclear yesterday. Worth the effort I’d say.
View attachment 150080
Yeah, I scrub them out with gun bore brushes occasionally to remove the pipe cleaner fuzz that attaches to the rough drilling they get from the factory. Everclear is great stuff.
Love the reflection on your glass table!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this hot, sunny day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Barbary Coast, courtesy of Elric, a fine blend of cubed burley, Virginia, Perique and flavored with brandy. I just opened this tin recently, and I think it is older than my introductory tin to this blend, a little more depth and dimension, a bigger cut.
Smoking in an orange stained, orange stemmed, bent billiard by one of my favorite N.C. carvers, Jerry Perry of Colfax, N.C. This is the same pipe I smoked when I made my pilgrimage to Nat Sherman on Manhattan years ago, long before they closed, and smoked their house blend 536, a super-refined English with burley. I'm still holding a tin of that in reserve. And I have both the 2 oz. tin of Barbary Coast I just opened and a larger 7 oz. tin also courtesy of Elric. I am well stocked! And thank you for that.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of Wesley’s No.15 Three Quarter Flake in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a tapered gold and black swirl acrylic stem. Working on a review of this and the other five samples of Wesley's blends I got from a good friend.
Celebri_meer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.