PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have about a quarter of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Finished work for the day. I started this smoke while working, which is unusual because I generally prefer to smoke straight pipes when I work. But, as Basil Rathbone's birthday is this week, the old time radio channel on the XM is occasionally broadcasting shows he was in. Right now, I'm listening to Rathbone and Bruce as Holmes and Watson from a 1946 episode. Thought the pipe was appropriate to smoke as a result.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just finished off last nights unfinished bowl. I must say finally after months of effort this ancient meerschaum has finally started to color. It seems that damp, finely sliced twist seems to hold the key to coloring this stubborn 19th century survivor. I will check in with you all later at coffee time. Have a good morning.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
It was hot yesterday, even here in MN. My wife got her way and I got the sprinkler system up and going for the first time this year. She hasn't yet accepted the fact that less mowing is a good thing and that a dormant lawn isn't always a bad thing. She does have flower beds so once again I chose to compromise. I'll fire it up but some zones won't see any action.

This morning I continue a recent trend with C&D Burley Flake #1 in a cob.
FFC000C1-F677-418C-A1EE-FB7A0930FC2C.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.