Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...​

GsddFrV.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
New pipe and tobacco day ! I just finished a first time bowl of Capstan Original Navy cut (Blue) from Country Squire tobacco which arrived in the same mail as my new Vauen 9mm Olaf bent egg which I received from Kapp and Peterson (smokingpipes.eu). It was an unsmoked estate pipe I bought with 15% off on Father's Day weekend. The tobacco had a definite tea with honey tin note. I had never tried it before and it was very mild but non-aromatic and quite a nic-hit after a full bowl. Straight tobacco for me ... I usually smoke aeromatics. Very good though and at that price I will save it for special occasions!
The pipe is matte black with a briar ring at end of shank. The stem is also matte black and slightly textured. Its billed as a working man's pipe series. Its very comfortable and hangs like my Savinelli 2614 Dry system. Can't wait to try CS Green Dragon in it next ! Interestingly, I set it down to rub out two portugeuse rolls for the birds that didn't cellar well and when i returned and knocked out the ash all the tobacco was done with no dottle. Sorry for the longwinded post ...

1656106186156.jpeg

Last edited:

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Mid afternoon break. Chicken on the smoker chores all done!
Grandpa Mac’s vintage KW rusticated Bulldog, relief meerschaum packed with Country Squire, ”Whatever” blend.
A glass of sweetened ice tea mixed with Kombucha.
It’ll be interesting to see how this hodgepodge of end of blend, leftovers will taste? On appearance, it appears to have a fair amount of Cavendish, Burley and some bright Virginia? On the nose it has a lightly sweet, burly prominent smell. I do defect a subtle topping, picking up coco or vanilla?
9558D7A8-FBD1-4540-86AD-29AB42DCA181.jpeg

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
New pipe and tobacco day ! I just finished a first time bowl of Capstan Original Navy cut (Blue) from Country Squire tobacco which arrived in the same mail as my new Vauen 9mm Olaf bent egg which I received from Kapp and Peterson (smokingpipes.eu). It was an unsmoked estate pipe I bought with 15% off on Father's Day weekend. The tobacco had a definite tea with honey tin note. I had never tried it before and it was very mild but non-aromatic and quite a nic-hit after a full bowl. Straight tobacco for me ... I usually smoke aeromatics. Very good though and at that price I will save it for special occasions!
The pipe is matte black with a briar ring at end of shank. The stem is also matte black and slightly textured. Its billed as a working man's pipe. Its very comfortable and hangs like my Savinelli 2614 Dry system. Can't wait to try CS Green Dragon in it next ! Interestingly, I set it down to rub out two portugeuse rolls for the birds that didn't cellar well and when i returned and knocked out the ash all the tobacco was done with no dottle. Sorry for the longwinded post ...

View attachment 153112
That's a good looking pipe. Congrats on the new acquisition.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Mid afternoon break. Chicken on the smoker chores all done!
Grandpa Mac’s vintage KW rusticated Bulldog, relief meerschaum packed with Country Squire, ”Whatever” blend.
A glass of sweetened ice tea mixed with Kombucha.
It’ll be interesting to see how this hodgepodge of end of blend, leftovers will taste? On appearance, it appears to have a fair amount of Cavendish, Burley and some bright Virginia? On the nose it has a lightly sweet, burly prominent smell. I do defect a subtle topping, picking up coco or vanilla?
View attachment 153113
I always love smoking my "bottom of the barrel" blend. I've never had any of those leftover mixtures let me down. Could be that they're always composed of blends I enjoy so all mixed up I still like them. Let us know how yours turn out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Packed for later, GH Squadron Leader in a Savinvelli 606 bent Pannocchia billiard natural color briar carved in a corncob pattern, with a bright yellow stem and thin green band in the corn motif. Did a bunch of bills and walked them up to mail and get some exercise. Saw a gent rocking along with two heavy bags, one in each hand. He was back-lit, so I could not really see him or his burden clearly. I wondered if he was a homeless person with all his belongings looking to bed down in the creek bed that runs parallel to the street behind a church. Funny, the presumptions one makes. But as I walked around a couple blocks, I met him again, in better light. The bags were groceries; I could see the items through the plastic bags. He was a person from my neighborhood who had chosen to do an errand on foot, just like I had. That made me think about stereotyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.