Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
That's a really neat Masonic Zippo - that and the distressed brass example from @bullet08 I think it was are two of the nicest I've seen in a while.

I also picked up a few modern Zippo lighters back in the 1980s but haven't really researched them ...
View attachment 83803
View attachment 83806

There were so many really cool (fuel/petrol) lighters back in the day with probably the Dunhill my favourite for the pipe - the one with the slide knob on the side which pushes up a thin metal tube containing the wick some two inches thus allowing the flame to get right inside the bowl thereby avoiding scorching the rim:-
View attachment 83807

I've got to say that my favourite modern (gas) pipe lighter is this Colibri utilising the same idea as the Dunhill and improving on it by making the extending tube flexible and more hose-like (in four colours, only two shown):-
View attachment 83808View attachment 83811
Thanks! You have an impressive collection of them going on!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 78 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello- Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to work now.
Yello Bowl Century Model Lovat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.