PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Smoking Newminster No. 400 Superior Navy Flake,
Making me want to dig out the jar put away a year or so ago. Trying to leave it for a while longer, but might have to pop it once I am done with the Cunningham tin.

S̛̊͆͐M̿̃́̈̃͌́̑̑̔̌̉͆̆̀̚Ơ̐́̀̾̐̒̀̀̒͂̕͠͝K̅̿̃́͊̄͘͝͠Ì́̍͑͝Ǹ͐̌͗͐̊͑̎̆̀̚͝͠G͌̓͑̔̈̅̅́̌̐͐̕ Murray's 1921 Cunningham
Incendiary Device: Missouri Meerschaum bent Twain, blk/wht swirl "Regal" Forever Stem
Quenching Device: RO Water
Sonic Device: currently muted for phone calls

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Making me want to dig out the jar put away a year or so ago. Trying to leave it for a while longer, but might have to pop it once I am done with the Cunningham tin.

I have wondered what some solid jar time would do to this stuff. As is, it tastes great when you get it but I bet it could get even better. ...if you dig it out, do tell!

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Samuel Gawith Black XX in a silly Pipex VP pocket (basically a pipe I don't smoke because I really don't like the shape, despite being a good smoker).

My last experience with this...thing had me dump the bowl after a couple of puffs, disgusted by the stale burning oil taste. This time I soldiered on and found that although the oil taste never goes away, and does stay in the mouth and nostrils, there's a lot to be found in this tobacco, will smoke again!
I have a tin of XX and I’m afraid to open it. My thought is I can let a friend try it first and see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.