PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple of small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style. I'll end the day with this smoke. Fed Harry the Hairy, and Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave are eating.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
G&H Sweet Black Cherry Twist in a clay
View attachment 324315
@Pip'n'Piper Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Clay! I LOVE patterned clays:) Good tobacco choice as well; there must have been a LOT of Gawith baccy smoked in Clay pipes over the years:) Good to see the "Gawith in a clay" tradition being kept alive; Gawith Hoggarth must be By Appointment to the Clay King! Met them at Nottingham Pipe Show last year & I got some free clay pipefuls of GH baccy. Great in a clay - no better pipe to sample the delicious GH baccy in than the good old clay!

Pip'n'Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2022
@Pip'n'Piper Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Clay! I LOVE patterned clays:) Good tobacco choice as well; there must have been a LOT of Gawith baccy smoked in Clay pipes over the years:) Good to see the "Gawith in a clay" tradition being kept alive; Gawith Hoggarth must be By Appointment to the Clay King! Met them at Nottingham Pipe Show last year & I got some free clay pipefuls of GH baccy. Great in a clay - no better pipe to sample the delicious GH baccy in than the good old clay!
Thanks, I feel welcomed!🙂 I agree, G&H in a clay is a knockout combination.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Barely slept, so I gave up, and am smoking a bowl of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was my first Sasieni. Bought it at my local Tinderbox for $9.95. Sleepy Suzy was happy to see me, but not happy that I moved her out of my chair. She's settled for laying on the left arm of it.
Sasieni_Ivory_apple.jpg

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
In a Rossi Vittorio Lumberman .... some McClelland's Blending Virginia.
Don't think I've seen any reference to this tobacco over last 4 (at least) months of WAYS. Have a tin dated 2008. Popped it 3 weeks ago to let it "breathe = oxygenate". TR's mentions its purpose as a blender, but also have comments how it's admirable alone. Will smoke it alone several times, then do some various blending experiments with Burley, Orientals, Perique. Only have one tin, so I'll savor it.

View attachment 324296 View attachment 324297
The Pipe has nice lines 👌

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
2009 Roval Yacht in my Larrysson dublin.

IMG-1340.png
That's a fine Dublin 🙂.