PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of a bowl left of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Didn't see Harry the Hairy. Abner the Eager is still in the house although I have been monitoring him. He's so starved for attention that I figured to keep him longer than expected. He is a sweet, loving cat.
BBB_Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
2012 Dunhill Nightcap. I’m a huge Nightcap fan and had to see how this stuff compares to the new, awesome Peterson stuff. It has become something different, but with some familiar characteristics. There are so many crystals. The Virginia’s are sweeter and there is more tang from the Orientals. Something in the top note has changed over time and the tonquin doesn’t have as potent of a vanilla flavor, as would old spices sitting unused in a spice cabinet would degrade. Overall, I’m very happy to be smoking this. With the original blends intent, maybe 5-6years would have been optimum. IMG_0496.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Cornell & Diehl Yorktown in the Morgan Bones Milan tonight, with a cup of iced coffee.

IMG20240409194012~2.jpg

Yorktown is a really pleasant mix of grassy, citrusy bright Virginias and dark, earthy, leaf litter'y red Virginias; very similar to G.L. Pease Union Square. The neat thing about Yorktown though is that it comes in a ribbon cut and very dry right out of the tin, making it one of those rare pure Virginia blends where you don't need to rub out flakes or give it any dry time at all. Just pack and go! Great for smoking out and about, first thing in the morning when you're too groggy bother with rubbing out flakes, or when you don't have the time (or low enough indoor humidity) to let your tobacco dry on the counter before smoking.

Super convenient stuff, and a really top notch full-spectrum Virginia in terms of flavor! Very smooth and a good solid medium nicotine content too, with a pleasant room note like bread baking in the oven. If you like Virginias then Yorktown is an easy recommendation!puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2018 D&R Windsail in an 1890s-early 1900s dark brown smooth straight JD (Joseph B. Desjardins) billiard with filigree metal work with an amberish saddle stem and orific bit. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy. Harry misses Sam a lot. I've watched him hunt for her all day and evening. He'd turn around and stare in to the yard, go under the deck, and come back with a sad cry. I spent some time with him as he was extra needy, the poor fella.
J.D. (Joseph B. Desjardins)_Fillagree-billiard1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.