PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Dry Sutliff 707 Sweet Virginia in the Vauen Olaf bent egg with 9mm filter late this afternoon while picking wild rasberries in the yard planted courtesy of the birds. These are sweeter and tangy-er than the soapy cultivated raspberries. Got a bit of tongue bite trying to light and keep lit the 707 but once lit it calmed down. As you can see I left plenty of raspberries for the chipmunks and bears (we had 3 sightings in Town this week, one entered someone's pool party 👍). While finishing the bowl in a lawnchair, a coyote ran through the hillside and down the deer path and a few minutes later a bobcat ran up the hill on my neighbors side of the wall. Some of these berries will be added to a Pillsbury Cranberry Quick bread in the morning.

kyocera 043.JPG
1720743631906.jpegPatch 2  2nd.JPGPatch 2 (1).JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, orange roughy and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Dry Sutliff 707 Sweet Virginia in the Vauen Olaf bent egg with 9mm filter late this afternoon while picking wild rasberries in the yard planted courtesy of the birds. These are sweeter and tangy-er than the soapy cultivated raspberries. Got a bit of tongue bite trying to light and keep lit the 707 but once lit it calmed down. As you can see I left plenty of raspberries for the chipmunks and bears (we had 3 sightings in Town this week, one entered someone's pool party 👍). While finishing the bowl in a lawnchair, a coyote ran through the hillside and down the deer path and a few minutes later a bobcat ran up the hill on my neighbors side of the wall. Some of these berries will be added to a Pillsbury Cranberry Quick bread in the morning.

View attachment 323393
View attachment 323394View attachment 323395View attachment 323396
Correction / Addendum : That was not a coyote ! I went back out to retrieve my pipe which turns out, still has 1/3rd of a bowl and it returned running up the deer path ... it was a young Coywolf. We had a staring contest for a few minutes and then it lurked up the hill ... I'm guessing I won that one but I might not finish that pipe tonight ! :eek: ;) (Coyotes are afraid of humans and run away while Coywolves are not.)

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Had a friend over on this muggy afternoon. Went with H&H Caramel Apple Pie in an Al Pascia meer billiard, and a vodka tonic companion. This is one of the few blends remaining from my "instant cellar" snag in August of 2020. 7.8/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, Steller's jay, Band-tailed pigeon, Red-tailed hawk, Northern goshawk (twice, and once with prey!), Mountain chickadee, House finch, White-breasted nuthatch, American crow, Common raven, and Western bluebird.

al pascia meer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.