PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tongue-Fried

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2024
NC Foothills
Now smoking Arango Balkan Supreme in a MM cob. Bottled water is my drink, as I watch The Andy Griffith Show. This episode is in color, one of the angry Andy episodes.
What a great show, definitely a good one for young boys to grow up watching. I live about 30 minutes drive through the mountains from where the show was filmed, in Mount Airy, North Carolina. It holds a special place in my heart.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
The thread on smoking other stuff with tobacco got me curious. My wife had saved me some dried roses from her garden. I ribon cut some of the leaves and mixed it with a pipe of Louisana Broken. Its not bad. A little sweentness and floral taste. Its subtle unless you shove in a lot. No idea if I will bother again. Its in a little il ceppo

View attachment 322677
Yes, a founding member of our local pipe club is a blender (for own use), he gave me once one of his mixtures with rose petals in it and it was really unique!

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Cornell & Diehl Yorktown in a Dr. Grabow Lark

IMG20240319160331~2.jpg

This week I'm learning how dramatically red Virginias improve with even just a little bit of age! When I first cracked open a tin of Yorktown about 3 months ago I found it to have almost no tin aroma and a flavor so light it was almost like hot air, but after letting it sit for 3 months in a Ball jar it's got a wonderful deep, rich, and naturally sweet tin note and the flavor is just as good!

I had a similar experience with G.L. Pease Union Square the other day, where I initially found it harsh and abrasive but after 3 months in a jar it was smooth as silk. Having only gotten into straight Virginias this spring I had no idea how much of a difference a little age can make with them, and I'm guessing they'll only get better from here!puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Pirates-Mets game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.