PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2002 Reiner Long Golden Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend 1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 187 yachtsman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_B.R._yachtsman187.jpg

Currently, I am just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Cleaned a few pipes, and watched an old western movie.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Daisy the Feral Princess doesn't want to come out of the high humid night. Tomato the Brave did, and is inside eating up a storm. Didn't see anybody else outside.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Haddo's in my new Anthony Hopkins (Castle Briars) panel. It took a year to get this pipe because I kept changing my mind on what I wanted. I'm lucky in that Anthony is a friend and lives here in Denver, so I was able to go to his house and pick out a block. I've been pheasant hunting with his father in law John for years and one day out in the field John says "You should meet my son in law, he makes pipes." Say what ? Even stranger was that I met Anthony for the first time two weeks prior at a pipe club meeting. He didn't mention he carved pipes and I didn't know he was John's son in law. Small world.
View attachment 326541
it’s gorgeous. Well worth the wait!

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
This afternoon was absolutely gorgeous. I thought I'd have Christmas in July, so I filled my Comoy's Blue Riband 157 poker with 2017 Christmas Cheer, grabbed my crossword puzzle and a wee dram of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Barrel Proof (135º) and went out to the gazebo to enjoy the balmy weather.
As Nero Wolfe would say, "Satisfactory."

1722060824924.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Daisy the Feral Princess finally decided to come in to eat, and cool down. She tends to want out more in the summer time than any other time of the year. Harry the Hairy showed up to eat, and he got some attention, too. No Abner the Eager today.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

KORNEY

Can't Leave
Mar 26, 2021
Israel
I haven't smoked this pipe for a long time. And in vain! Small, convenient, light! Everything you need for walking in the hot weather.E42A8170-01E1-497A-9C52-2C3A33477743.jpegIMG_7514.jpegIMG_7513.jpeg

Gregor Lobnik “Sparrow” Blast Nosewarmer pipe with Sutliff: 707 Sweet Virginia

Still did not understand the tobacco taste,but already like it less….

Status
Not open for further replies.