nelamvr6

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2023
Trying some Lane 1-Q in an Ahmet Gövem meer

MTMwLkF.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Missed a couple of my pipe bowls but I won't be tiresome and recap. Tonight it is Esoterica Tilbury (Virginia with burley condiment, thanks to SBC) in one of my Christmas pipes from my wife, a Savinelli Hercules Oom-Paul/Hungarian. What a lovely blend ... and pipe.

Got my approx. two-year-old safety recall on my Mazda 3 handbrake serviced today, with oil change and tire rotation. It took a few hours, but I'm glad I finally did the deed.

Trying to do some scholarly reading in one of my late wife's literary anthologies while I waited, I became the involuntary audience to a man with an apparent personality disorder sorting out his life problems apparently with his father over his cell phone.

I first took him for a schizophrenic talking to himself but eventually realized he was on the phone. He told his dad off several times, and apparently his father told him off repeatedly ... for two hours! At first I thought the conversation was so personal and vitriolic they would hang up on each other, but they went from one crescendo to the next, going to more quite talk and back. Religious tirades, marital crises, sexual orientation problems (never mind his ex-wife and four children) and so forth. I was glad to hear he was on the road and wasn't from here, and I hope I don't have to be his audience again. It was like a bad off-Broadway play, sordid and unending.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2019 C&D Yorktown in a straight sandblasted black post-1938 (Comoy’s) Made in England Ancestor bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave outside while m'lady fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger in the house.
Ancestor (Comoy's)_bulldog.jpg

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Out and about shifting cattle this morning after what was a terrible weather day yesterday with sleet, hail and 60 mph winds for most of the day. Today it was a simple smoke of Stokkeby's luxury English in a little Briar Works Cutty. The dogs really like the smell of this one too, I see them sniffing the air as the smoke goes by them.

Deepest sympathies to Doctor Chopper as well on the passing of your Mother

IMG_3064.jpegIMG_3065.jpegIMG_3069.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am passing the quarter mark of this bowl of ear 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to The Green Hornet from my radio collection.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a sliced peach on the side. I'm now smoking Missouri Meerschaum Luminaire in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. I got this and two other MM blends along with this year's Sun Bear Tupelo for review. I don't have release dates, but I imagine it won't be to long before they go on sale.
View attachment 234118
Can't wait to read your review on the Sun Bear Tupelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.