PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
CRF 2020 in the Smokehouse Meer. Thought maybe it was getting a little color until I looked at original picture. I guess 12 smokes doesnt do a lot. Hahahaha. But I will say the flavor does zing a little more here than in my Virginia cob. Maybe even little more than my dedicated briars. Intrigue indeedIMG_0180.jpeg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Continuing my exploration of “light English blends”, I cracked open a tin of Early Morning Pipe and filled my English cob:

7424016F-9E74-411E-BD58-F3F6057F4142.jpeg

I’ve always gone for the heavier English/Balkan blends in the past, but now that I’m kinda-sorta learning how to get more out of Virginias, I’m interested in English blends that are lighter on the Latakia and let the Virginia/Oriental side do more of the talking. I’m reserving judgment until I’ve had a few more bowls, but I’m glad I finally cracked this tin to try it!

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Continuing my exploration of “light English blends”, I cracked open a tin of Early Morning Pipe and filled my English cob:
I’ve always gone for the heavier English/Balkan blends in the past, but now that I’m kinda-sorta learning how to get more out of Virginias, I’m interested in English blends that are lighter on the Latakia and let the Virginia/Oriental side do more of the talking. I’m reserving judgment until I’ve had a few more bowls, but I’m glad I finally cracked this tin to try it!
Interesting avenue of exploration. I love heavier English and Balkan blends like Bill Bailey’s, Presbyterian, Plum Pudding etc. In my relative inexperienced opinion, the lighter, more Virginia forward English blends need age or they can taste like cigarettes, which is no bueno for me. EMP exemplifying this exact scenario when I tried it. Love to hear your thoughts.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Yellow Capstan in a no-name, olive wood basket pipe. With coffee at the veranda, early in the morning. Later it is going to be impossible, we have a heatwave here, temperature will rise up to 42 Celsius which is ca 108 F I think.
Although, I find there is a cathartic, purgatorial, purifying aspect in too much heat conditions...
I wish you all a happy weekend good people!

Capstan yellow - olivewood basket pipe.JPG

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Starting the 10th working shift day in a row with no day off in a city taxi and this resulted a limited number of bowls during the day,max 3 + occasional cigarette, come next week this hectic situation will change and eventually I will have more to leisurely smokes and contributing here, Okay,the first bowl of Mc Barens Golden extra in an Orlik De Luxe lightweight Long Canadian Estate-Orlik-De-Luxe-Canadian-.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some snacking, fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, and am now smoking Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Earlier today, I took some photos of Abner the Eager following Tomato around as he tried to make friends with him. I saw very mild improvement on that today, and here are a few of the pics.
A&T_lookingatcar.jpg
A&T_Walkingtocar.jpg
A&T_Under car.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.