PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Solani Aged Burely Flake in Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

Hope all are well! ❤️

View attachment 236050

P.S. @Jwebb90 hope you’re settling in ok, and I also hope later on down the road you’re in a traveling photo adventure mood. Would love to see Ruse, take care.❤️
Those Commodore’s are great pipes, I have one but wouldn’t mind more in my collection.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Got everything done including feeding three ferals. I'll go to bed when this smoke is done.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
HH Balkan in a Qipeng Wei. Reading my work email outside.

I don’t know about you all, but sometimes I kind of resent these limited edition midnight drop deals. (Not talking about HH Balkan) As much as I like the companies and blenders that make them, they are praying on peoples fear of missing out and promoting hoarding. Also, I have a hard time just buying one tin when shipping is practically the cost of a second tin, so then I wind up getting 10 tins to get free shipping! You see where I’m going with this?

I’d rather see one great blend that sticks around then a series of limited editions.

I LOVE ALL THE HH blends for this reason, I just wish Rustica wasn’t a limited one. I get that if they can only get a small amount of special leaf then it has to be limited, but I can’t help but think this is a marketing gimmick to get people to hoard.

I’m curious on others thoughts on this, I am by no means an industry insider, this is just a novice consumer’s reflections.

PS: HH Balkan is one of the smoothest blends I’ve ever smoked, all the components meld perfectly. Truly an expertly crafted tobacco.

IMG_5984.jpeg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
HH Balkan in a Qipeng Wei. Reading my work email outside.

I don’t know about you all, but sometimes I kind of resent these limited edition midnight drop deals. (Not talking about HH Balkan) As much as I like the companies and blenders that make them, they are praying on peoples fear of missing out and promoting hoarding. Also, I have a hard time just buying one tin when shipping is practically the cost of a second tin, so then I wind up getting 10 tins to get free shipping! You see where I’m going with this?

I’d rather see one great blend that sticks around then a series of limited editions.

I LOVE ALL THE HH blends for this reason, I just wish Rustica wasn’t a limited one. I get that if they can only get a small amount of special leaf then it has to be limited, but I can’t help but think this is a marketing gimmick to get people to hoard.

I’m curious on others thoughts on this, I am by no means an industry insider, this is just a novice consumer’s reflections.

PS: HH Balkan is one of the smoothest blends I’ve ever smoked, all the components meld perfectly. Truly an expertly crafted tobacco.

View attachment 236098
Totally agree. I also love HH Balkan.

BorealPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2021
GH Dark Flake scented in a MM Bracken. I have long been a fan of the unscented version, but picked up 500g of this on a whim. When first opened the scent and flavor were very subdued. After a couple months in a jar the flavoring, especially the rose geranium, have really come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.