PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. M'lady fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Usually, at Pipe Club meetings, the members go with tobaccos to offer. An excellent way to taste tobaccos you didn't know about, you knew but have never tried, including some that are not available anymore or -in special occasions- from a very old tin etc. I have tasted quite many samples in this way and also it's how I found the tobacco I probably love the most (which is not easy to find in Europe, unfortunately).
Anyway, out our last Club meeting I asked from my fellow smoker Akis to have a sample from one of his tins. He responded "Yes, of course" and then "have the tin!". That's the third time this good-hearted giant offers me a nearly full tin. So, I am smoking now, to his good health, the DTM-St Bernard which goes perfectly with the coffee. In a Canasta pipe, from the economic series of Ardor, I have 2 of them, very decent pipes I say.
Have a nice Tuesday good people!

DTM St Bernard - Canasta pipe.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, I started again with Le Petit Robin which I’m still figuring out, it’s got quite a cigarette taste to it and I’m wondering if the fine cut is for that purpose even though it says it’s a pipe tobacco, I rolled some in a paper (I’ve not smoked ryo’s for 3 1/2 years) and it certainly seems that way. A little Kentucky would kick this up a notch imo, I might use it for blending.
Anyhoo I’m back on the pipe with Mac B Symphony in a Heritage Antique, an excellent blend with coffee. image.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Morning everyone, I started again with Le Petit Robin which I’m still figuring out, it’s got quite a cigarette taste to it and I’m wondering if the fine cut is for that purpose even though it says it’s a pipe tobacco, I rolled some in a paper (I’ve not smoked ryo’s for 3 1/2 years) and it certainly seems that way. A little Kentucky would kick this up a notch imo, I might use it for blending.
Anyhoo I’m back on the pipe with Mac B Symphony in a Heritage Antique, an excellent blend with coffee. View attachment 235511
Ok you got me curious about this tobacco, some Belgian Burley? I also love shag cut just for ease of packing and lighting.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Escudo in a Bruce Weaver Dublin.

IMG0192.jpeg
Nice shape! I might like this one a little better than my Bruce Weaver!

Status
Not open for further replies.