PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Earlier i enjoyed some SWR in an older Chacom Nobelese.
Just finishing a bowl of Sutliff Red Virginia Kake in a meer. I've rubbed out the rest of the tin and dried it a bit. That should make future packing easier. This blend is starting to click a bit more with me. I'll have some more tomorrow.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Some vintage Wessex Brigade (100 gram tin purchased circa 2000) in an estate Ehrlich rusticated vest-pocket briar. I did not care for this blend back then, as I found it to be bitey, sour, and difficult to keep lit. Discouraged after one bowl, I put it in a corner of my cellar and promptly forgot about it.

Today it resurfaced, and so I decided to give it another go. To my utter amazement the tobacco was not crispy. The biteyness had departed together with the sour flavor. leaving a gentle taste of apple cider. It is still difficult for me to keep it lit, but that may have been due to the oval bowl of the pipe

I purchased Brigade because I am a fan of Wessex's Premier Mixture. While not remotely in Premier's league, the 20-some-odd years of aging on the tin definitely helped; however, I won't be purchasing any more. Simply put, I cannot wait another 20-years for it to become smokable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Esoterica Tilbury, Virginia with burley as a condiment, in a Johs slightly bent diplomat, sandblast finish, with a finished briar "band." SBC sent me this blend because he didn't care for the burley condiment and rightly assumed it would be right up my avenue.

I've never figured out why Johs doesn't have a bigger fan base on Forums. He does churn out the pipes, Morgan Johansen, but he does them with an artisan touch for a reasonable price and has never disappointed me. My wife got me my first Johs pipes for Christmas 2010, and I've bought a number since.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to the Braves-Brewers game.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.