PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Sutliffe Match Sunrise on top and Lane 1-Q on bottom in the Barontini 1/2 spigot bent billiard with 9mm Peterson Charcoal Filter. The Peterson filters DO NOT alter the taste of the smoke IMHO like the Dr. Perl one's do slightly oily taste and smell.

Also my landscaper's weed trimmer left behind a 5" or so piece of bright orange fishing line that was straight and stiff ... its exactly the same width as a pipe cleaner and works like a charm clearing the draft hole if necessary. That's now part of my pipe kit I didn't know I needed but am happy to have! :) :sher:
I only have/used Perl 9mm filters and am amazed you find an oily taste/smell to them. I detect nothing of the sort. Anyone else find differences in the various brands? (youtubes i've watched on this generally seem to be ever brand of charcoal filter is basically same same.) perhaps a contaminated box or batch of charcoal? very bad quality control if that happened before production/packaging!

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Thanks Ben, Ive wanted a Dunhill Canadian as long as I can remember. Reminds me of “M”Bernard Lee in the Bond series.
I really like the new Dunhill bings with similar color, finish, and adornments. Pricey for a factory pipe! I’d love to tour their factory and compare it by touring some artisan workshops. How does this pipe smoke compared to the old Dunhills?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I only have/used Perl 9mm filters and am amazed you find an oily taste/smell to them. I detect nothing of the sort. Anyone else find differences in the various brands? (youtubes i've watched on this generally seem to be ever brand of charcoal filter is basically same same.) perhaps a contaminated box or batch of charcoal? very bad quality control if that happened before production/packaging!
I noticed it over 3-4 50 &100 count boxes. Very slight but occasionally there. I don't mind but for the extra $2-3 I'll go with Peterson unless not available. I did notice the Peterson filters are only good for two bowls whereas Dr. perl can go three unless its really wet tobacco. So --- its a 50/50 toss up. Perl's are cheaper too.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
I really like the new Dunhill bings with similar color, finish, and adornments. Pricey for a factory pipe! I’d love to tour their factory and compare it by touring some artisan workshops. How does this pipe smoke compared to the old Dunhills?
Just finished a bowl. She did really well with no complaints. Fit, finish, feel balance, button and draw were great. Didn't get hot and as a reformed cigarette smoker I can heat 1 up pretty fast. Id get another for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.