PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a pre-1980s straight dark brown Comoy's Sandblast 186 billiard with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink. Going to work now as I listen to the Dodgers-Giants game.
Comoy's_Sandblast 186 billiard.jpg

MikeCifone

Lurker
Jul 14, 2022
Los Angeles
So, I finally broke down and got C&D's Haunted Bookshop. Well, for the first time I could not finish a bowl of tobacco, dumped it out, and had a serious bout of dislike. I don't like this stuff, like really don't -- at least not after the initial try. What am I missing? Can I be convinced not to give the tin away? It is a cellar candidate?

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
In a no name, basket, olive wood pipe, some more of the Käpt'n Barsdorfs Bester (blue). This tobacco comes in a package with a huge quantity/160 gr (for my “1 bowl -or less- per day” smoking habits). Also with a fair quality (for my “never had sophisticated taste” habits). And with a more than fair price (for my “always have been attracted by cheap things” habits). All good then with the Captain.
Today, with my old, good friend (we studied together, we are hiking partners, I was the best man to his marriage e.t.c.), we will travel to his village, under Mount Parnassus. Very early tomorrow morning we will go up to the mountain to collect a herb which is called “mountain tea” (Sideritis). He likes to drink it during winter - I don’t - but I will go for the company, the hiking and the roasted lamb tonight at the taverna.
Then, 3 more working days from Monday and at last… summer vacations! First at Chania/Crete and after at Istanbul/Turkey.
For the moment, I wish you all a nice weekend, good people.

Käpt'n Barsdorfs Bester in basket olive wood pipe.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Have a few things to do, so I may have another smoke before bed time if I don't finish the stuff I have to do. I'll start by checking on the ferals.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.