PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Good morning all. I’m smoking WCC Original Crumb Cut in a cob, and drinking a cup of coffee with bourbon cream.

I did a job for a guy this morning, who insisted on coming to my house because he was afraid of his wife knowing that he curbed a couple of wheels on his new Tesla. That was a new one for me. It’s usually the wife hiding it from the husband.

Cheers!

F04CB622-B13B-4854-BFD6-069CF5F73FBF.jpeg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Touching on the Lee pipes, would you think that the attention they get on this forum of late, has driven up the price? Does this forum have that much effect on things?
I know it has. It went from zero competition for a bid to some rather aggressive competition- by members on this forum. I’ve been quite clear about my own thoughts on Lee pipes. They are made well enough, the stems are a better quality vulcanite than many others of that time period, you can easily reclock them, and they smoke well once a pipe has fully been cleaned- many are quite abused. But they are in NO way the finest pipe - either visually or in terms of smoking. That is certainly HYPE.

Are Lees worth having In your collection? As an example of Americana, yes. As a reliable smoker, yes. But there are much more interesting pipes out there.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I know it has. It went from zero competition for a bid to some rather aggressive competition- by members on this forum. I’ve been quite clear about my own thoughts on Lee pipes. They are made well enough, the stems are a better quality vulcanite than many others of that time period, you can easily reclock them, and they smoke well once a pipe has fully been cleaned- many are quite abused. But they are in NO way the finest pipe - either visually or in terms of smoking. That is certainly HYPE.

Are Lees worth having In your collection? As an example of Americana, yes. As a reliable smoker, yes. But there are much more interesting pipes out there.
I love the fact that you plainly admit the mediocrity of Lee pipes yet you are somewhat of a fervent collector of them :)

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Good morning all. I’m smoking WCC Original Crumb Cut in a cob, and drinking a cup of coffee with bourbon cream.

I did a job for a guy this morning, who insisted on coming to my house because he was afraid of his wife knowing that he curbed a couple of wheels on his new Tesla. That was a new one for me. It’s usually the wife hiding it from the husband.

Cheers!

View attachment 154498
Did you straighten rims he bent? How is that achieved at home?

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I love the fact that you plainly admit the mediocrity of Lee pipes yet you are somewhat of a fervent collector of them :)
?. I am different that way. I am more a fan of interesting rather than simply chasing “the best”. Also, like my dad before me, I am a cheapskate at times.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Some people woke up this morning with all ten fingers, not knowing it’s the last weekend they’ll have all ten.

This is the last weekend some people will live comfortably in their house before a drunk neighbor with pyrotechnics burns it down.

But until all that happens, it’s a beautiful morning. I’ve got my coffee. I’m going to binge “The Terminal List” and smoke my Big Pete’s.

A Modern Sandblasted Peterson House Pipe, a Modern Peterson Smooth Pub Pipe and a 1920’s-30’s (Made in England - Football COM) Peterson Oversized “O”.

C6E57BE8-B90E-44DB-B1EE-596ADFE1D4B1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.