PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Peter Stokkebye No. 17 English Luxury in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for a couple bowls or so. Fed two ferals, and am going to work as I listen to the Dodgers-Padres game on the XM.
GBD Prehistoric Billiard.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Your really becoming a Lee pipes devotee.
Crystal Palace is still on my to try list but it sounds great!
LOL. I have some for sure. I keep them at my condo in Laughlin. Honestly, they are a little heavier built than a Grabow or Kaywoodie from that era and they smoke consistently well. I think of them as a well built pickup truck. As some may be aware, I collect American made factory pipes as one of my central focuses. I was able to purchase the Lee pipes for a great bargain. Sadly, that ship has now flown. Good condition Lees fron the first two generations are more difficult to find and harder to find cheap. Although I don’t post them here, my Marxman collection of pipes is just as robust. My goal is to acquaint Marxman 400. Crystal Palace is a 4 star blend with a wonderful history to boot.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
LOL. I have some for sure. I keep them at my condo in Laughlin. Honestly, they are a little heavier built than a Grabow or Kaywoodie from that era and they smoke consistently well. I think of them as a well built pickup truck. As some may be aware, I collect American made factory pipes as one of my central focuses. I was able to purchase the Lee pipes for a great bargain. Sadly, that ship has now flown. Good condition Lees fron the first two generations are more difficult to find and harder to find cheap. Although I don’t post them here, my Marxman collection of pipes is just as robust. My goal is to acquaint Marxman 400. Crystal Palace is a 4 star blend with a wonderful history to boot.

Touching on the Lee pipes, would you think that the attention they get on this forum of late, has driven up the price? Does this forum have that much effect on things?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Chris Morgan Jackalope in a straight burgundy sandblasted year 2019 straight Ryan Alden J billiard/pot with a tapered cumberland stem. Finished work for the day, and working on a review of this blend as I listen to James Stewart as The Six Shooter on the XM. I'll probably end the day with this smoke.
Ryan_Alden_Jbilliard:pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.