PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Sillems Mayor 1814 Flake in a Stanwell Santana sandblasted bent billiard. This is a straight Virginia flake made by K&K with a honey and orange topping. Does anyone here have familiarity with this blend and also Pfeifen Huber's Golden Flake? Both made by K&K, both medium Virginias with honey and orange. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had both and can speak to whether they are the same?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a brown “rocky” smooth medium bend 1970s Peterson 309 Standard sculpted billiard military mount with a nickel ferrule and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Gevalia Columbian Coffee, neat, is my drink. Just finished cleaning some pipes.
Peterson_Sculpted.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sillems Mayor 1814 Flake in a Stanwell Santana sandblasted bent billiard. This is a straight Virginia flake made by K&K with a honey and orange topping. Does anyone here have familiarity with this blend and also Pfeifen Huber's Golden Flake? Both made by K&K, both medium Virginias with honey and orange. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had both and can speak to whether they are the same?
I haven't smoked the 1814 Flake, but I have been smoking the PH Golden Flake. I'd be interested to know the answer to your question, too.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Black Irish X in a Meer...​

pA87JZe.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps in this brutal weather, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and plenty of bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
It only seemed fitting to use Savinelli - Jupiter for the inaugural smoke in my new Savinelli Roma Lucite (Prince 315 KS). I think this pipe looks better with a black stem, but all the black stem versions are vulcanite and I'd rather have acrylic.

I was initially ran across this finish when looking for a slightly bent apple in the under-$200 range. I didn't like it when I saw it in the 626 apple shape. Later, I was just looking at Savinelli pipes in general and saw this finish in the prince shape, it looked a lot better. I normally prefer smooth pipes, but the rustication here is mild and the smooth rim makes a great contrast, so I decided to pull the trigger, and a bent apple will just have to wait.

Getting the color to show up right is hard with a phone camera, definitely looks better in-person.

PXL_20220722_211459817.jpg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. I went out on the bike for a gravel ride this morning. It was a twenty mile out and back with a 1,545 ft ascent to a max total of 6,454.7 ft elevation. It was hot and I drank about 4 L of water by the time I got back to the truck. The payoff was a bagel ham and cheese followed by a bowl of Anthology at the top. I'm home on the deck with a follow up bowl of the same and a Modelo.

20220722_114936.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.