PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of D&R Windsail in a smooth straight dark brown family era “Canadian” by Sasieni with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Going to work now. Listening to Fibber McGee and Molly. We named our cat Molly after Molly McGee.
Sasieni "Canadian".jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a small, but tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
Thanks, Mike! Makes my day to see one of yoneers

Yea, verily, ettrick! As a member of the Gordons I couldn't agree more. Always makes me think of Peter Lawford as Lord Lovat in The Longest Day.
Excellent film, Lawford played

Yea, verily, ettrick! As a member of the Gordons I couldn't agree more. Always makes me think of Peter Lawford as Lord Lovat in The Longest Day.

Great to hear from a Gordon ?Excellent film and Peter Lawford played Lord Lovat aka “Shimi” very well. I attach an image of Lord Lovat after returning from the Dieppe Raid with his trusty Mannlicher stalking rifle on his shoulder. An excellent soldier and commander. Lest we forget.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
9D9CA9A0-E073-4A48-B8D9-006A82AB7B54.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Maryland Burley in a 1929-1931 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 7782 straight smooth walnut bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for more more bowl. I'm growing very fond of this pipe.
KBB Kaywoodie_Drinkless7782-bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of year 2018 C&D Yorktown in a 1991 Ashton Brindle X straight brown sandblast dublin with a square shank and tapered square acrylic cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to Arlo Guthrie.
Ashton_BrindleX_11.jpg

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
A bit late, but my day consisted of a bowl ow Windjammer out of my K&P System 313 right after golf.
Followed by some 4th Generation 1897 in a Stanwell Bordeaux 183 after dinner.
And just finished the night with some Peter Stokkebye Proper English out of a Peterson St. Patrick's Day 2018 in shape 338.
Have a good night Everyone, or good morning, This night owl is going to bed.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Excellent film, Lawford played

Great to hear from a Gordon ?Excellent film and Peter Lawford played Lord Lovat aka “Shimi” very well. I attach an image of Lord Lovat after returning from the Dieppe Raid with his trusty Mannlicher stalking rifle on his shoulder. An excellent soldier and commander. Lest we forget.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
View attachment 88880
I imagine that picture was taken here in Newhaven, the staging point for the Dieppe raid. Although not considered a success many lessons were learned that saved lives during D-Day. I always try and make it to the memorial in August where we have monuments dedicated to the French and Canadian troops that gave everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.